Classroom Library - Organization with Matching Pictures on Bins and Books

Follow Me on Pinterest
I FINALLY got my classroom library organized this year - Yes, I’m aware that we are in the 12th week of school, but this was a BIG project that I never finished during pre-planning - everyone has one.  I've had basket labels for a few years that I have used, but I had new labels to create, tag to place on the new books, and bins to find that didn’t cost a fortune! THANK YOU Dollar Tree for the Christmas bins you just put on the shelves! Also, a BIG thanks to the parents volunteers who helped with some of the organizing.


I have a variety of bins that I have collected 
through the years, but the eclectic mix makes it more 
interesting (I think), and the different sizes holds 
some books better.

They are mostly non-fiction because I teach math and science. 
These are some of the basket labels I use to organize my books in the bins. 
In case you’re wondering, my books aren’t leveled, well, for many reasons. ***This may offend -WARNING*** I HATE how every book in a school is labeled with a reading level. I HATE when a student says “I can’t check that out because it’s not my level,” even when it is a topic that are interested in. Students need/want to read about topics they want to learn about, and if the book is a level or two away from "their level,” ... breathe ... IT WILL BE OKAY, especially if it is a non-fiction book! End rant... :)
These are the book labels that match the book bin tags. This makes it easier for EVERYONE to return and organize the book. I now have a folder that holds extra book labels. This prevents the problem of getting new books (bought or donated) and not putting them out until they get a label (at my pace this could take week... let’s be honest, months). Always having labels, puts the book the she shelf ASAP! I print them on sticky mailing labels that are 2 5/8" x 1" with 30 labels on a page.

These are the ones I bought from the
Dollar Tree and spray painted them white.
The books on display are actually on plate displayers (I think that’s what they are called) from the Dollar Tree.  I switch the books about once a week to spark interest in a variety of books and topics.
These are the sticky mailing labels I put on every book. 
The labels I have on TPT don’t have a name like the ones in the picture, but you can place your name on them if you want. I have labels that are both editable, and fixed in a PDF document.  The font I used for the bin / basket category is called Flower Child and can be downloaded from fonts101.com. It can be downloaded for free if you want to make changes and keep the same font. 

Here are a few more pictures of my classroom library ...





Click on any of the pictures and it will take you to my TPT store to look at the basket and book labels more closely. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I was interested in an older post on Word Work using the "Words Their Way" materials. I was interested in the 300 page complete set. Is this a project you are still working on? It looks great and I am excited about the whole thing? Could you please let me know? Thanks!! Love Love Love your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "if the book is a level or two away from "their level,” ... breathe ... IT WILL BE OKAY, especially if it is a non-fiction book! End rant"

    ABSOLUTELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great .I love the idea.Good luck with it.
    Tips to get Start on ILTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teachers for Thailand is a teaching agency that specializes in uniting professional educators with teaching positions in Thailand Essentially,our job is to find work for you a job that will fit both your personality and skills.Our company has more than 25 years of experience in education,management and recruitment,allowing us to give you the best service possible.

    ReplyDelete