"Me Bag" - Know Your Kiddos at the Beginning of the Year

Follow Me on Pinterest
As I began to plan the first few weeks of school I wanted to share some of the activities I use in an effort to create my classroom community. This reminds me of the “old school” show and tell. I give this bag, with the poem attached, to the students on the first day. I first share my "Me Bag" (that I created previously) before I introduce the activity to the students. In my past bags I included things like chop sticks (love sushi), running watch (like to run), picture of my husband (obvious) and a set of colored pencils (like to draw). These are just some ideas. The first week of school I select a few students each day to share. By the end of the week all the students have shared. My students have loved it – It even teaches me a lot about them. I give the students an option to decorate the bag at home. Let me know what you think! Click one of the pictures below to download the poem for FREE - it will link you with my TpT store.
 
Materials Needed:
- Paper Bag - $1 for 40 @ the Dollar Tree
- Me Bag Poem – Free = )
- Markers/Colored Pencils/Crayons - Optional for decorating

 

10 comments:

  1. I love the All about Me bags! We do that too! It is also great for Writing Workshop because they can then write about one of those special things. =)

    I am happy to be your 1st follower...WAHOO! =)

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea to use it for Writer's Workshop!

    I'm following you now. I love all the monster graphics! Where are they from?

    Thanks for being my first follower - I will try my best to share my creations and ideas! = )

    ~Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - love the name of your blog Casey! Aren't we all 24/7 teachers? I get most of my best ideas in the middle of the night. Good ideas...glad I found you. ;O)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI VICKY! When I started deciding on a blog name, my husband was throwing out ideas and 24-7 teacher emerged - I have to give him the credit! = )

      You are SO right! I get my best ideas in the shower or right before falling asleep. I literally keep a notebook (it's my to-do list, calendar, and notes book) by my bed in case I think of a great idea and need to jot it down. Thinking of my past, present and future classrooms and kids NEVER stops! Just part of the job ...

      Thanks for following me! I look forward to sharing ideas! = )

      Delete